The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Health Sciences Library links people, reliable health sciences knowledge, and technology in support of effective learning, quality health care, vital research, and engaging community service.
The staff of the library strives for the highest quality services as they enhance access to the knowledge base of the health sciences, instruct users in information retrieval and management techniques, and acquire and organize a specialized collection of electronic, print and other resources in a cost-effective manner.
- Understanding and, when possible, exceeding users’ need for access and information
- Customer service that reflects professional, ethical, and courteous behavior
- Active collaboration in the learning and discovery process
- Engagement in reshaping scholarly communication and knowledge management
- Commitment to diversity, intellectual freedom, and self actualization
- Continuous learning, adaptability, innovation and enhancement of staff skills and services
- Responsible and creative stewardship of limited University resources
- A rewarding work environment characterized by team spirit, flexibility, personal growth and a sense of humor.
- A relaxed and welcoming environment for our users
The Health Sciences Library’s primary users are students currently enrolled at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical campus, health sciences faculty and staff paid by the University, University of Colorado Hospital employees and retired health science faculty. detailed definition
These goals are from the library’s 2013-2017 Strategic Plan:
- Provide service excellence and timely access to information in the health sciences, independent of user location and mode of access.
- Teach access to, retrieval of, and synthesis of information for education, clinical decision making, and research.
- Provide access to a variety of resources to meet users’ educational, clinical and research needs.
- Create a workplace that develops staff, provides a flexible work space, exhibits effective communication, and supports success planning opportunities.
- Create a marketing process that keeps users informed of library resources and services.
- Review the use of library space for innovative opportunities to enhance user satisfaction.
- Perform a comprehensive user needs assessment to determine areas of strength and weakness in services, resources and/or operations. The results will be used to inform continuous improvement priorities over the coming years.
- In an effort to improve the research mission of the University, enhance biomedical informatics support and support to researchers.
- Review and implement options to improve the management and delivery of information services.
- Engage collaboratively with key stakeholders to advance the Campus’ mission of community outreach.